Friday 15 October 2010

Results of Audience Feedback

I have accumulated quite a lot of very useful audience feedback which I can use to help me perfect my storyboards and therefore the overall product of a teaser trailer for a horror film. The overall response to the idea has been very successful with people looking forward to the final product. Nearly all of the feedback has been posted through the Facebook group page which shows the wide spread demographic and reach of social networking sites.

From my audience feedback I have learned that I need to incorporate more lighting effects and that less is more when it comes to lighting in a horror film. To use this feedback to improve my overall product, I have incorporated some colour choices of red, a stereotypical element in a conventional horror film colour pallette, in the teaser trailer as well as using minimal lighting such as a single candle to light a shot.  

I have also recieved feedback on the editing and due to this I have minimalised the amount of fade transitions as it can appear 'amateur'. Taking this feedback into consideration, I have reduced the amount of fades and replaced them with hard, fast and jump cuts to add more suspense and tension among the audience. This in turn, will make the film more appealing and the trailer will be more effective in conjuring up interest in the film.

Anymore feedback will still be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment